Thursday 20 October 2011

Time To Stop Skiving



Massive apology.
It turns out I AM one of the 'bad-back brigade', and with the help of my 'Personal Adviser' I could be back at work by Monday.
I'm not going to train as a lawyer anymore though.
I'm going to join the Met as a detective!

I telephoned the DWP this morning, and when I eventually got through this afternoon, I spoke to several young ladies, one of whom explained I was in 'migration'.
It would appear that a lot of people don't want to give up Incapacity Benefit or for that matter, get back to work. I however did fill in my form promptly, and as a consequence, I'm in a queue waiting to receive my cb-ESA, and should have an interview very soon.

Apparently, as I am not a work-shy Johnny or a complete mentalist, they can find me work AND a cure for chronic psoriatic arthropathy within a few months!

Luckily I'm in the cool 'work-related' group, not the rubbish 'support' group, so there's hope for me yet.
They didn't say whether they could do anything about my suppressed immune system and related side effects,nor the associated fever, nor the subsequent depression or Prozac-related side effects, nor the Bells Palsy or the liver disease.
But I'm confident that my 'Personal Adviser' will find a solution.

I'm only sad for 'Singing Detective' dramatist Dennis Potter.
Had the last Tory government developed this new initiative in the late 80s, perhaps he wouldn't have been taken away from us so early, by the cancer brought on by this cruel, debilitating & unpredictable disease?
And maybe he could've got a proper job instead of being an airy-fairy writer.

Dennis Potter: May 1935 - June 1994

No comments:

Post a Comment